This charter presents:
- the AIRLAB® platform and its objectives;
- the four pillars necessary for the success of an open innovation approach on the AIRLAB®;
- the fundamental and structuring rules which are the basis of open innovation on the AIRLAB® platform.
The AIRLAB® platform and its goals
AIRLAB® is a platform for exchanges and experiments serving as a window for innovative initiatives in the field of improving air quality. AIRLAB® creates an ecosystem that allows meeting and collaboration between different actors unaccustomed to working together (QA and QAI, urban planners, social sciences, innovation, etc.).
AIRLAB® is particularly committed to setting up experimental territories (POC “Proof Of Concept” approach) in order to organize the operational testing of innovative solutions in Île-de-France. AIRLAB® aims to identify and stimulate new levers to go further and faster in reducing pollution in Paris and Ile-de-France, whatever the sources.
AIRLAB® facilitates and coordinates innovation in the field of air quality, both on the technical, social and behavioral aspects. The innovations and know-how developed must make it possible to develop the economy and employment in this sector and also be promoted internationally.
The four pillars of open innovation on the AIRLAB® platform
AIRLAB® works around the following four pillars, broken down as follows:
The rules of the AIRLAB® platform
- The objective of combating air pollution: AIRLAB® is dedicated to innovations aimed at combating air pollution. Consequently, the contributors of the AIRLAB® platform undertake to innovate in the field of the fight against atmospheric pollution and climate change and not to use the expertise and data made available within the framework of AIRLAB®. for other purposes;
- A common desire to “advance knowledge”: contributors must be driven by a desire to be creative, daring and work at borders to increase knowledge in the fight against air pollution;
- Access to data, expertise and resources: via AIRLAB®, contributors will have access to resources and expertise in the fields of air pollution control (in particular access to data, complementary to those available in Open data, relating to air quality and related fields is open with user licenses) and experimental territories;
- Evaluation: the innovative ideas developed and deployed within the framework of the AIRLAB® are evaluated (reliability, efficiency, transferability, etc.) by a selection committee based on the expertise of Airparif as well as its French counterparts or foreigners and its partners. When communicating on the solutions evaluated and in the event of a positive evaluation, the members and founders of AIRLAB®, undertake to display the use of the AIRLAB® platform;
- Ownership of results and innovations: an intellectual property regulation organizes and defines the ownership and use of results and innovations. In general, and insofar as the innovations of the contributors result from the data, expertise and resources collected and organized and provided on the AIRLAB® platform created, piloted, administered and hosted by Airparif, Airparif may use in Ile-de- France the results and inventions resulting from the use of AIRLAB® according to methods to be defined on a case-by-case basis and according to a fair financial framework. For innovations that Airparif considers to be particularly strategic, Airparif reserves the right to negotiate joint ownership with the contributors who are the authors of the results and innovations, according to terms and conditions to be defined on a case-by-case basis and according to a fair financial framework.